Wednesday, March 3, 2010

Dealing with Dead Flowers


(January 3rd, 2009: I remember feeling really lonely)


And what happens when they aren't around, and all you have is what reminds? The things that drew you back to a time, and make you long for, are waiting, gone, or missing for an x-amount of time.

For a take-a-long, a journey seldomly taken, and taken alone. Of times of lonesomeness or for a mellow drive into the evening. For a day too bright for your tired eyes, and a smokey atmosphere you call your place of hiding. Let the tide roll back on this one. Let your body float, and as you wait for something to come washing back to shore.

Filled with Smog (Bill Callahan), Thief, my favorite Bon Iver song, Wilco, Doves, The Sea and The Cake, Kathryn Williams, Feist, Micah P. Hinson, Helio Sequence, Ned Collette (I tend to put them in every other mix, and only because I can't get enough of him, and I hope you can't either), Beth Orton, Jon Brion, and the rest I'll leave to your listening pleasure.


No comments:

Post a Comment